Welcome to my 2nd Grade Research and Publication Project which creates the context for collaborative teaching and technology integration. The purpose of this website is to share tools I have created and resources I have discovered along the way. Teachers and colleagues are free to download the Word documents to replicate and re-purpose them to their own needs, subject matter and grade level.
Project-based learning is not about the destination for the teacher as well as the student. The teacher is a COACH who models the cycle of knowing facts, asking questions and finding information and is NOT expected to know everything about the subject matter. Rather the teacher is a knowledgeable tour guide who always has something to learn. A good starting poing point is Why PBL?
Enjoy the journey!
“Given the K-W-L research model, over the course of a school year, children will research, author and illustrate a nonfiction book based on Common Core and ISTE standards.”
BIG PICTURE OBJECTIVES
- Raise student achievement.
- Teach elements of nonfiction.
- Prepare children for the E.L.A. exam.
- Develop technology skills.
STUDENT PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Plan their own research by asking questions and using a KWL chart.
- Gather information from a variety of sources.
- Construct a paragraph from their notes.
- Illustrate the text.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaboratively create a hard cover nonfiction book.
- Computers with internet access
- Color printer
- Book binding materials plus
- a heavy duty stapler
- heavy duty paper
- White erase board for word walls
- magnetic tape
- Chart paper and markers
- Books, Zoo Books and magazines
Mixed lettuce leaves, blue cheese, sharp cheddar, fried egg, tomatoes & onion with buttermilk ranch dressing.
Spinach, Cucumber & Goats Cheese
Spinach, goats cheese, raisins, dried cranberries, cucumbers, tomatoes & onions with balsamic dressing.
Mixed lettuce leaves, sharp cheddar, applewood smoked bacon, guacamole, tomatoes & red onion with chipotle dressing.
Mixed lettuce leaves, blue cheese, raisins, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds & tomatoes with balsamic dressing.
Ice Cream in Mini Pots
Vanilla / Strawberries & Cream / Belgian Chocolate
Served with salted caramel & Chocolate.
Ice Cream Sandwich
Vanilla ice cream sandwiched in a sugar coated, jam filled doughnut.
Vanilla & chocolate milkshake, malt, chocolate sauce, vanilla whipped cream.